Widely known in the U.S. for easing pain, Acupuncture and Chinese herbs are a comprehensive medical system based on over 3000 years of experience. They can treat a variety of conditions including:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Low back pain and Sciatica
- Chronic pain and inflammation throughout the body
- Headaches including Migraines
- Sinusitis and Rhinitis
- Post-Stroke sequela
- Perimenopausal and Menopausal symptoms, including hot flashes
- Digestion problems including nausea and acid reflux
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Lyme disease
Chinese medicine can improve your health and well being, if you would like more information on whether we could help your specific condition, please contact us for a consultation.
How does it work?
The ancient Chinese based their medicine on the observation of nature and the concepts of Yin and Yang. Yin, the still quiet energy of the universe is in constant interaction with Yang, the expansive moving energy. When the balance between the Yin and Yang within our own bodies is disturbed we experience symptoms and dis-ease.
Acupuncture and Chinese herbs work to bring our bodies back into balance. Acupuncture uses needles to balance the flow of energy or “qi” throughout the body. This energy is everywhere and can be accessed by stimulating specific acupuncture points. Herbs work through our digestive system to re-balance the flow of energy, draining damp, heat or cold and strengthening our overall energy.
Due to Covid, I am not offering cosmetic acupuncture at this time. Once face masks can be safely removed I look forward to working on the face and the neck.
In Classical Chinese Medicine, the state of physical health, emotions, and spirit is reflected on the skin, particularly the skin of the face. You look your best when your healthy inside reflects on your face!
Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture utilizes a needling technique that is very superficial. The needling brings increased energy and blood to the face and can improve or increase the production of collagen and elastin. Reported benefits include:
- Improvement in the fine lines of the face and a diminishing effect on deeper wrinkles
- Moisturized, softer skin and a more even skin tone
- Improved muscle tone and firmer jaw line, as well as reduction in the beginning of jowls
- Reduction or elimination of rosacea and acne.